A new survey provides great insight into how American baby boomers want to get away in 2016, from desired destinations to lodging options and favourite trip planning tools. The vast majority of baby boomers are planning to drive, fly or set sail on leisure trips in 2016, with an average of 4 or 5 trips already in the works. Boomers make up a large segment of the travelling public, and so it's particularly important for the travel industry to be aware of what boomers are looking for in their holidays going into 2016. Among the highlights of the survey:
- 2016 will bring a travel boom for boomers.
- Boomers may be deal seekers but cost is not a deal breaker for travel plans.
- International bucket list trips will be especially hot in 2016.
- Summer and weekends will sizzle with domestic travel.
- There will be a lot of travel to hotspots - literally.
- Free Wi-Fi, please!
- 2016 travel is all about F-U-N.