Understanding China offers an insight into what is going to happen globally within technology and travel in 2017 and beyond. This article highlights an analysis conducted by Kieron Branagan, CEO of Openjaw Technologies. Among the trends include:
- The future of mobile: in China, mobile is the strategy.
- The future of social: WeChat had 768 million daily users in 2016, representing 35% year-on-year growth. It has become a CRM platform that controls the intermediation between businesses and consumers through owning and managing user profiles.
- The future of ecommerce: About half of all e-commerce in China happens on mobile compared to just over a fifth in the US and around a third in the UK.
- The future of payment: WeChat supports payment and money transfer, which allows users to perform peer-to-peer transfer and electronic bill payment.
- The future of travel: China is becoming the largest source market for international travel.