Tourism Research Australia has released an infographic highlighting some interesting statistics of visitor experiences in 2015-16. Among the statistics:
- 49 million visitors went to the beach on their trip in 2015/16.
- 1.6 million visitors went whale or dolphin watching.
- 8.1 million visitors went to a winery, 1 million of which were international visitors.
- 800,000 international visitors had an Indigenous cultural experience.
- 12 million visitors stayed in camping or caravanning accommodation.