From Paris to Las Vegas, Hong Kong to New York: Traveller has collated a list of the places with the coolest streets in the world. Walking city streets reveal a city's character, providing history, architecture, culture, cafes, shopping and scenery. The list includes five great Australian strolls:
- South Bank, Brisbane - promenades provide views across the river to the CBD.
- Windan Bridge Loop, Perth - the walk loops around both sides of the Swan River and across Herrison Island in central Perth.
- Macquarie Street, Sydney - this 1810 thoroughfare runs between the Opera House and Hyde Park.
- Flinders Lane, Melbourne - this quintessential city-centre laneway is packed with fashion, accessories and crafts stores.
- Leigh Street, Adelaide - Pedestrian Leigh Street is transformed by wine bars and restaurants that spill tables across the tarmac.