Atmosphere Research Group and TripAdvisor, has released a new report on the correlations between hotel engagement and TripAdvisor performance. The study is based on data from over 12,000 properties located in the top 25 traffic markets on TripAdvisor, as well as interviews with executives from four global hotel chains. Below is a summary of the report's key findings:
- Highly engaged hotels perform better on TripAdvisor in terms of page views, market visibility and revenue.
- There are four common actions which more engaged properties take:
- Take ownershio of the property's page on TripAdvisor by registering in the TripAdvisor Management Centre.
- Publish at least 10 Management Photos to their listing on TripAdvisor.
- Respond to at least 25% of reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Add direct contact information to the property's page with Business Listings.