This Traveller article lists 20 reasons to visit Hamilton Island, Queensland, with something for everyone. Some of the highlights include:
- Hiking - with 20 kilometres of bushwalking trails to explore, including the challenging Passage Peak trail.
- Golfing - an impressive 18-hole championship course, designed by five-time British Open champion golfer Peter Thomson occupies all of nearby Dent Island.
- Culinary feasting - there's a choice of 14 eateries, with the ultimate dining experience offered by qualia's Long Pavilion.
- Fishing - fishing enthusiasts can choose a half-day or full-day safari with Renegade Fish Charters. Those preferring to fish on their own can hire a tinny from Hamilton Island Dinghy Hire.
- Great Barrier Reef - take a day trip to the coral walls of the outer reef by an advanced eco-certified operator. For those who don't want to get wet, there's an underwater viewing chamber as well as semi-submersible submarines.