The customer purchase journey is unrecognisable compared to only 10 or 20 years ago, being all about omnichannel and multiple devices. Digitalisation and new technology allow us to understand consumer behaviour better than ever before. As travel agencies and holiday companies compete for customers in an increasingly fragmented market, an understanding of hybrid customer behaviour is essential in order to make the most of every opportunity. In this YouTube video, GfK's Laurens Van den Oever (Global Director, Travel) presents six lessons to understand the hybrid customer for the travel industry. These lessons include:
- Journeys are integrated online and offline.
- More than half of consumers do their research online.
- Customer journeys are complex. Understanding them leads to increased return on investment.
- The much anticipated mobile revolution is happening now.
- Omnichannel is a hybrid approach between online and offline roles. Ensure messages are consistent across the touchpoints and be present everywhere.
- If it can be digital, it will be digital.
For more details, click here to download the full report.