IHG has released a report detailing Chinese travel trends over the next decade. The report presents some interesting findings:
- Annual arrivals from China will total nearly 97 million by 2023.
- 88 million Chinese households will be able to travel overseas by 2023.
- In the next decade, over 60 million Chinese households will cross the annual income threshold of $35,000, at which point international travel becomes more affordable.
- Cities are the primary destinations for Chinese outbound travellers, with 85% heading for major cities around the world.
- Nearly 95% of total Chinese outbound travel spending is received by major global cities.
- Destinations with easier access, including simpler visa policies will gain most.
Three key trends in Chinese travel will emerge over the next decade:
- Chinese demand for long-haul travel will experience huge levels of growth.
- Chinese travellers will mix business with leisure.
- Chinese travellers will spend more during overseas trips.
Click here to download the report.