Australia's tourism industry remains attractive to investors, with continued growth in tourism's contribution to national income and employment. Further supported by strong growth in demand for Australian tourism services from both international and domestic visitors, Australia's tourism investment pipeline continued to grow in 2014. This report estimates the total value of large-scale projects in the pipeline in 2014. Among the report's findings include:
- There were 168 projects in 2014 - up by a net 29 projects from 2013.
- They were valued at $53.7 billion - up $4.3 billion (or 8.7%).
- Aviation projects accounted for the majority of the pipeline - $31.3 billion (mainly in new aircraft orders).
- Arts, recreation and business services infrastructure projects were valued at $13.9 billion.
- Accommodation projects were valued at $8.5 billion - providing a potential 15,195 new rooms to accommodation supply.
Click here to read the report.