The digital revolution is all the time creating so much that is new - networked citizens, new paradigms for value creation, new ways to solve problems and learn, work, govern and lead. The extraordinary growth, both in the capability of new technologies and the creativity of new business models are at the heart of much of it. This article outlines five key lessons observed by the outgoing CEO of Telstra:
- Providing great customer service is no longer optional.
- Reinvention is essential to remain relevant.
- Culture beats strategy every time, but you still need a strategy.
- Innovation and creativity is essential.
- A new leadership paradigm is needed.