People from the Asia Pacific region are travelling more than anyone else, according to the 2015 Visa Global Travel Intentions Study. The Visa study asked over 13,000 consumers across 25 countries if they had travelled for leisure at any point over the past two years. Of those surveyed, 84 percent in East Asia said they had taken a trip solely for pleasure, compared to the global average of 76 percent. Indonesia, Thailand and Korea represented the countries with the highest increase in outbound travel. Among the report's topics include:
- Shifts and changes - current and future macro trends in leisure travel.
- Asia on the rise - Asia's appeal to travellers and a focus on the Chinese traveller.
- A new breed of traveller - changing attitudes and behaviours of leisure travellers.
- The solo traveller.
- The tech savvy traveller.
- Payment choices of leisure travellers.