This article contains an infographic combining insights on Chinese outbound travel from executives representing companies like Amadeus, Expedia Inc., Marriott, Costa Cruises, and Rentalcars.com, which presented at the TravelChina Daily Conference in 2015. Among the insights include:
- The Chinese outbound market is already bigger than the US as a source market.
- 679,000 Chinese nationals bought cruise travel packages in 2014, accounting or half of the total of Asia.
- Within the next 15 years, everyone in the travel industry will need to address six distinctive travel tribes that are very individualistic. Rather than grouping Chinese by demographic factors, you're looking at psychographics.
- China is the most advanced market globally when it comes to mobile payments with WeChat and Alipay.
- China is a very competitive, dynamic market. They are very price aware and price sensitive.