Salesforce have released their third annual ‘State of Marketing’ report, incorporating feedback from some 4,000 marketers worldwide to get a handle on how they see the evolution of the role of marketing, how teams are approaching data and customer experience and what digital marketing channels are drawing the most attention (and best results). The report contains a range of insights, with a particular focus on social and digital marketing trends which marketing view as important. Among the key findings include:
- 82% of marketers agree that social media marketing is now core to their business.
- 67% of marketers are looking to increase their social media advertising budgets in the next 12 months.
- In 2016, marketers are set to spend more than two-thirds of their total budget on digital marketing channels.
- 75% of respondents report that social media marketing is currently generating ROI.
- More than three-quarters of respondents also agreed that content marketing is now core to their business, with high performers also making best use of user-generated content.