With so many businesses attempting to enter the Chinese market, many forget one important market - those Chinese global shoppers already in Australia. Reaching out to these global shoppers is an important step in familiarising Chinese consumers with your brand and recommending it to their friends and family when they return home. This article highlights five facts you need to know about Chinese global shoppers in Australia:
- Over 1m mainland Chinese global shoppers arrived in Australia in 2015.
- Holidaymakers and students require different strategies.
- The majority of Chinese shoppers arrive in Sydney but make stopovers in Victoria and Queensland.
- Chinese seek a unique travelling experience.
- Young shoppers have the greatest spending power.