This Traveller article lists travel experiences that Australia does better than anywhere. Among the inclusions:
- Beaches - Australia is a country encircled by beautiful, unspoilt beaches that are free to access.
- Open space - A country that is about the same size as mainland USA but with only 23 million inhabitants.
- Seafood - Australia is a place where you can get a whole bucket of prawns, where salt and pepper squid is a national dish and where oysters appear on every menu.
- Underwater worlds - There are few countries which could compete with the Great Barrier Reef as their main underwater attraction.
- National park system - With over 500 national parks covering over 28 million hectares of land, plus 13 marine parks, there aren't many countries that come close to Australia in terms of protected land.