This article lists six ways to improve travel magazines in a world where travel publishing is scrambling for its survival. The overriding goals of travel magazines - publishing articles, sharing photos, talking about thread count or food trucks - should simply be to promote world curiosity.
- First rule of 'travel magazine': it's not a magazine.
- Stop saying 'travel magazine' is about travel.
- Start an indie revolution.
- Don't be afraid to be a leader.
- Think much bigger.
- Eliminate the subscription insert cards that fall out of the magazine that you're already subscribed to.