Skift has curated a list of 25 travel moments which mattered in 2015. In gathering the 25 selections, Skift looked for stories that helped to tell a bigger picture about what it is like to travel now - in addition to providing a snapshot of what happened in 2015, they also help point to where travel is headed in 2016. Making the cut includes:
- Instagram surpassed Twitter to top social media strategies.
- Tourism bureaus rallied around next-gen strategy.
- U.S. Justice Department identified TripAdvisor and Google as booking threats.
- Big players bought into tours and activities.
- Cruise lines finally competed with good Wi-Fi.
- China's online booking sites finally got rational.