Skyscanner Australia has looked over three years worth of data and crunched the figures from millions of flight searches to uncover the hottest places in Australia for travellers in 2017. Skyscanner observed and predicted significant increases in travel to the following destinations:
- Norfolk Island - there has been a 12% rise in flight bookings to Norfolk Island, on average, over the past three years.
- Esperance, Western Australia - booked flights to Esperance have increased by 11% on average over the past three years.
- Proserpine, Queensland - booked flights to Proserpine have increased by 10% on average over the past three years.
- Hobart, Tasmania - Skyscanner Australia shows that flight bookings have increased by 6% on average over the past three years.
- Canberra - flight bookings have jumped by an average of 4% over the last three years.