Google has shared some interesting figures on travel and YouTube showing how consumers engage with video when researching and planning trips. The figures are from research that Google carried out with Ipsos MediaCT, revealing that many of the reasons consumers are watching video online are often travel related. For example, 27% view clips to relax or escape, 45% to be entertained or inspired and 14% to pursue a hobby. When it comes to trips and holidays, almost 50% of travellers use online video in some shape or form before they decide where to go on holiday.
- 65% use video when thinking about taking a trip.
- 48% when thinking about the type of trip to take.
- 67% consult it when choosing a destination.
- 67% when choosing activities within a destination.
- 63% when deciding on accommodation within a destination.