Phocuswright's Destination Unknown: How U.S. and European Travellers Decide Where to Go 2016 delves into the leisure travel destination selection process and provides insight into motivating factors and preferences regarding information sources used by travellers in the U.S., France, Germany and the U.K. This article highlights five trends from the report:
- PCs still dominate online destination research, but this number is steadily declining.
- American travellers are much more likely to consider themselves early adopters of new technology.
- American and British travellers have the highest penchant for tablets.
- Nearly eight in ten travellers in each country always check multiple websites to ensure they're getting a good deal.
- European travellers, especially from Germany, have historically had a high penchant for gathering destination information online. However, these online sources have been quickly declining in recent years.