Cheapflights.com.au has compiled its top five global travel predictions for 2017. From bigger and better airports to more international travel, Australians are set to encounter many exciting developments in 2017. Among the predictions include:
- Unbundled airfare for the win.
- Golden age for international travel.
- More airport innovation and investment.
- Portable travel search.
- Decline of the generic holiday.
2017 will see an uptick in people looking to travel with purpose:
- Living like a local - the search for a more personalised and authentic experience.
- Working holiday - combining work and travel.
- Ecotourism - seeing destinations that are endangered and supporting tourism services that sustain vulnerable lands and species.